Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Hi there! Welcome to Life's a Journey not a Destination. I will be talking about my life doing Weight Watchers Points Plus program. I will also be talking about others bit of my life as they are relevant with my weight loss journey. The current Weight Watchers program is called Freestyle and uses Smart Points. My husband and I were following Freestyle at the beginning of this year. My husband was very successful in losing 25 pounds in about 2.5 months. He came in second place in his weight loss challenge at work!! I was following along side him and eating smaller portions than him but I wasn't losing as much weight. He would lose 5 pounds and I would lose 1. Now I know that men lose weight faster than women, but I was discouraged anyway. I felt like because of my weight I should be seeing higher loses too. I also have a bit of a sweet tooth when it comes to cookies. I was struggling that I couldn't have any cookies or sweet treats. They were way too many points and I wasn't able to balance dessert with the rest of my meals.

In 2014, I had been doing Points Plus and had lost 30 pounds. I was doing great. Then, I got a new job and I moved and I had no time to meal prep or grocery shop. I was working 10-14 hours a day and then my house was 45 minutes from work. So I was eating out a whole lot. It took about a year for my job to stop working me those crazy hours.

Since then, I've been seriously lacking motivation in losing weight. It took me 3 years to gain those 30 pounds back. Now I know I've gained another 10-15 on top of that. I am the heaviest I have ever been. I can't bring myself to stand on the scale and see my weight. What I do know is my size 18 jeggings don't fit anymore. Shirts I bought last year are snug on me. I need to change my eating habits.

I am doing Points Plus because it worked for me before. It is really difficult to find other people doing points plus. I have joined a few Facebook groups to keep me motivated. I am hoping this blog will keep me accountable and help others who are struggling to find information on points plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment